Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It's July Already

Wow, I really can't believe it is already July. This year has been flying by so fast. I just don't know where the time has gone.

Well, really, I do. It's gone into the new house. Of which I should have some pictures to share here in a few days. We've got the living room and our bedroom almost done (at least for the time being). The only thing we are holding on is our carpet. It is going to finally be laid on Thursday. But, both of the rooms are already painted. Once the carpet is down we can start moving furniture in.

Oh, and we are getting a brand new heating and air-conditioning system. I entered a contest from one of our local news studios, and they chose us as the winners. That means that when it comes to tax season next year, we should be able to completely redo the kitchen and take a vacation. HVAC had been on our list of things to get done next year, but since we are getting it in the next couple of weeks at no expense to us, that means that no cost will be spared in the kitchen and it should not use all of our tax money.

On to scrapping subjects. I still haven't gotten the freebie that coordinates with my forthcoming Flowers and Fairies kit done. I've been spending so much time getting things done at the new house that I haven't had the design time that I require.

However, I do have a couple of layouts that I'd love to share.

This layout was created with Kristmess' kit Somethin Fishy from TSG. Here is the direct link to the kit: http://www.scrappinggarden.com/shop/product.php?productid=16787&cat=0&page=1

I had an absolute blast making that page. It is so far outside of my norm that it isn't funny, but then. It was a blast.

And it is only fair to also share a layout with Sissy in it too.

This layout was created with Katie Mann's Technicolor Dreams kit from Digitals. Direct link to the kit is: http://digitalscrapbookpages.com/digitals/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=&products_id=10715

Kathryn had such a good time holding the Lorikeets at the Columbus Zoo, and of course I had a great time taking pictures of her.

Well, I guess I'll talk to you all again in a day or two. We're going to make homemade ice cream today with playgroup!

No comments: