Friday, May 18, 2012

Through Sickness and in Health

As the day gets closer that Tom is going to have to have his six month follow-up PET scan and his follow-up appointment with his oncologist, I am starting to feel a bit of scan anxiety (for those that haven't ever had a loved one go through cancer treatment, that is anxiety that the scan will not be clean.)

In going through that, I've realized that being married is not always what we really think that it is going to be. You think that all of the times in your relationship are going to be as happy as the day that you were married and this is simply not the case at all. In this past year I've seen the entire gamut of emotions in my marriage. There are the times that we are closer than we've ever been and then there are the times that I feel like I just want to give up, but I won't because that isn't what a marriage is. On those days that are the hardest for me, I will work on our wedding album, that I still haven't gotten done, despite the fact that we are only two months away from our 8th anniversary. This creation is one of the pages that will be printed in the final book, whenever I get it done.



A couple of my favorite wedding pictures with some of the lyrics from the song we used for our first dance "From this Moment" by Shania Twain.

For my layout I used The Orient Express by Nini's Notions

No comments: