Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Welcome Summer





Well, summer has offically arrived on the calendar, but I think it has actually been here for a couple weeks now. It has been hot, hot, hot which means that we've been spending a lot of time at my mom's house in the swimming pool.

And during the day when I don't want the kids to get too much sun exposure, I've been scrapbooking while they've been playing video games and watching television with some bike riding and playing with their toys thrown in somewhere too.

This is a page that is full of wonderful summer memories when my friend Erica's parents still lived in Lexington and we would get together during their summer visit to let our kids all play together. Grace and Kathryn got along wonderfully despite the nearly two-year age difference. I love seeing how cute they were together. We haven't gotten to see Erica and her family in almost three years and her family has changed a lot since then. She now has six children instead of the three and expecting (she ended up having twins) that she had the last time we were together. I miss her a lot, but we still do talk to each other regularly via facebook and I'm hoping that next year we will be able to make a trip to visit her family in Texas.

Kathryn with Grace (the oldest daughter of one of my best childhood friends). Though the girls seldom got to see each other, they always had a great time when they got to play.

For my layout I used Vintage Spring Garden Club by Tammy DeYoung.

No comments: