Thursday, April 19, 2012

One Year Ago Today

It never ceases to amaze me that our lives can be completely and irrevocably changed in just one minute. It was exactly one year ago today that we got the call from a surgeon that changed the lives of everyone in our family forever. It was the call where the surgeon called to let us know that the preliminary biopsy results from my husband's lymphectomy were back and they showed Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

This set into motion a series of events that I really wish that I could wake up from and realize that they were a bad dream, but that just isn't something that is possible. The only hope that I keep these days is that he is able to stay in remission and cancer will just be a part of our past. Financially, we've been almost devastated and our relationship has really suffered as well. But I know that we are both stronger people because of it and there isn't a day that I'm not thankful to get to spend time with Tom and the kids.

Those happy, carefree moments aren't something that we are really able to enjoy all that much now though because of the constant fear of cancer returning and having to go through it all over again. That is one of the reasons that my scrapbooking is so very important to me because it allows me to relieve the carefree moments and forget about our struggles for a little while.

My newest page is of some pictures that were taken five years ago of Paul and I on his first Mother's Day. I believe that the colors in Amanda Thorderson's Wax Nostalgic were perfect to go along with the mixture of feminine and masculine in my layout.

A couple of pictures of Paul (and me) on his first Mother's Day.
For my layout I used Wax Nostalgic by Amanda Thorderson

No comments: